What’s the Importance of an Oil Change?
What’s the Importance of an Oil Change?
Oil changes often get placed on the back burner but are among the most basic yet important car care services available. Your vehicle’s engine simply can’t function without oil, and the longer you go between oil changes, the more damage will be done. Toyota recommends changing your car’s oil every 16,093 kilometres. Below, you’ll find more information on oil changes, their importance, and their cost.
How Does Oil Work?
Oil lubricates your car’s engine and prevents unwanted friction between its moving parts. How does oil work, you might be wondering? It plays the following important roles:
- Motor oil helps keep the engine’s moving parts in good condition for longer.
- Motor oil with dispersants helps clean any sludge from the engine.
- Motor oil contains detergents, which clean varnish from the engine.
- As long as it’s changed routinely, motor oil works to neutralize acids from fuel and keeps the engine cool by transferring heat.
Needless to say, when you don’t keep up with regular oil changes, you can experience a host of issues, from greater wear and tear on the engine’s parts, to frequent overheating, to an eventual breakdown. Trust us — you don’t want any of those problems to unfold. They can be costly, stressful, and dangerous. It’s best to simply follow your regular oil change interval. Your car will thank you!
How Long Does an Oil Change Take?
Our team of Toyota service technicians can have you in and out in approximately 20 minutes; however, it takes another 30 minutes to do a multi-point inspection, thanks to their expertise and state-of-the-art equipment and tools. Oil changes are similar from OEM to OEM and don’t vary much in terms of how much time they take. And, when you use our handy online service scheduler, you can schedule an oil change in Red Deer in less time than it takes to make a cup of coffee!
How Much Does it Cost for an Oil Change?
Oil change cost can vary depending on factors like your car’s make and model, the location of the shop, and the type of oil used.
- On average, synthetic oil is more expensive than conventional oil, with conventional oil change starting at 59.95 and synthetic oil changes starting at $72.00
. Typically, synthetic oil lasts longer than conventional oil and is used in high-performance vehicles. You can review our average oil change price here or give us a call for a quote.
- Your Toyota vehicle may require synthetic oil, conventional oil, or a blend of the two, depending on its engine. It’s best to check your owner’s manual or speak with a member of our service team for answers!
- At Red Deer Toyota, we aim to make your service prices as competitive as possible. That’s why we offer service specials and oil change coupons for the benefit of Red Deer County drivers. Be sure to browse our latest service and parts offers before scheduling your visit.
An oil change is an excellent opportunity to get other service issues addressed. If you need the brakes inspected or the steering checked, don’t hesitate to talk to us about any problems you may be having. We know Toyota cars, trucks, and SUVs inside and out and can quickly get to the bottom of any issue.
Stay Current on Regular Maintenance at Red Deer Toyota!
The next time you’re searching for “oil change near me,” — remember us! With Red Deer Toyota in your corner, you’ll never miss an oil change interval. We make it fast, easy, and affordable to stay up-to-date on routine Toyota maintenance. Contact our service centre online or call us at (403) 343-3736 with any questions about our service menu, prices, or oil change specials!
More from Red Deer Toyota
What’s the Importance of an Oil Change? Oil changes often get placed on the back burner but are among the most basic yet important car care services available. Your vehicle’s engine simply can’t function without oil, and the longer you go between oil changes, the more damage will be done. Toyota recommends changing your car’s…
Importance of Using Winter Tires When winter is just around the corner, it’s a smart idea to take a little extra time to prepare your vehicle for the journeys ahead. Winters in the Red Deer County and Blackfalds areas are especially unforgiving, so it’s important to take steps toward making your travels as safe as possible. That’s…
If you’re shopping for a Toyota, you may be wondering, “What is Toyota TRD?” TRD is an acronym for Toyota Racing Development. Popular models like the Tundra, Tacoma, 4Runner, and Sequoia, have TRD configurations, but what makes TRD variations unique? It depends on the grade. TRD has three tiers: TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road, and…